from the horse's mouth

general meanderings on horses, life (well thats the same as horses really), work (so I can afford to do the horses thing)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring has sprung

We have had some lovely days recently. Today started with a haar but that burned off quite quickly and the temp was up in double figures :D


Duds started losing his coat even before the solstice and he looks fabulous for his age (mid twenties).

Rosie has taken a bit longer and is leaving white "horse angels" on the ground whenever she rolls.

Fi had less winter coat to start with but is itchy enough that she is having to be polite to get itches from the others (they normally don't trust her to be nice)














She (Fi) still has enough coat that even her short working sessions make her sweaty. We had a few weekends where the weather meant riding was not an option (either wind, rain, or frost). But now I am back to trying to get her fitter again, so maybe we can think about lessons and then maybe a test !


Duds has been slightly unsound so he's just been given a walk and trot on a line so I can see how he is doing (improving).


Rosie has been doing some lunging, loose schooling, ground poles and long reining - all aiming to get her moving forward and active. We checked her saddle fit the other week and I had a wee sit (once round at walk in each direction). There were a few mumps but she did go. I need to watch I don't lean back when trying to get her to move :( (there were some photos taken and I was doing just that !).


My back has been playing up a little. Initially I put it down to not doing my normal classes (pilates etc) but I am wondering if I've been out of balance (behind) and that is the problem. Must do better !


and with Rosie coming back into work, I seriously need to lose some weight. Or need to lose some serious weight. Or all of the above !




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home