from the horse's mouth

general meanderings on horses, life (well thats the same as horses really), work (so I can afford to do the horses thing)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom

Saturday, April 28, 2007

"back in the saddle again"

I used to have a teddy bear with one of those pull strings that got it to "say" things - one of its sayings was "back in the saddle again..." (sung)

I was away for a week: when I went away Fi was still very sore. When I came back she was much much better.

On Thursday I simply gave her a short "lunge". She was fine but *desparate* to do something. Friday she had her annual jags so again I just did a short lunge. She was still looking ok. So today I bunged a saddle on and hopped on - just walk and trot - but it was not bad at all.The transitions were quite abrupt but I think thats when it is moist sore, balancing the change in speed etc.

And she did not look too sore this evening as a result, so that is also a good sign.

At the same time as Fi getting her jags, we had the vet check all their teeth. Fi and Red needed no work. Rosie needed a little work... and objected. Dudley needed a little work and has objected before (and was not keen when just being checked) so he was sedated and then rasped. He was very cute when "under the affluence" - all dopey and not able to stand straight - like an amiable drunk ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home