from the horse's mouth

general meanderings on horses, life (well thats the same as horses really), work (so I can afford to do the horses thing)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom

Friday, November 09, 2007

quick to remember

well it didn't take them long to settle in to their first routine. Three of them get snack balls last thing to keep them amused. Rosie always had hers in her feed bucket as she has just slip bars at the front so the ball could escape...

But this year there is a slight edge in place, so we thought we would try the snack ball loose... Nope, she put her nose in the bucket and then looked at me as if you say "in there dummy !". So I did what I was told ;)

Fi felt a little sore last weekend, so I didn't do loads with her. On Sunday she had the excitement of sharing the arena for part of the time with a sexy Highland boy. She was a very good girl.

Mum rode Rosie for a short while in Saturday, and then I took over for a bit longer. On Sunday we long reined and then loose jumped. Rosie scared herself a little by bouncing a one stride gap so it took some time to get her settled back down and able to face the jumps put right back down.

Dudley was a good boy both days. I hopped on him bareback for a while on Sunday - I was planning to long rein so didn't have the saddle around - but had his bridle and my hat ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home