from the horse's mouth

general meanderings on horses, life (well thats the same as horses really), work (so I can afford to do the horses thing)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

(Yet) Another two weeks

I'm a bit late posting last week's update - but that means you get a twofer ;)

Fi was getting increasingly annoyed at not being allowed to roll, and her coat was falling out in handfuls. So last week I let her loose on the yard while waiting for the vet visit, on the theory that the dressing would be coming off, the wound cleaned, and a new (clean) dressing put on.

She turned herself into a mud monster....



I let Duds out to give her some company, and he decided to have a mini-hoolie. (It had to be mini, it was only in the stable yard !)

The upshot was that Fi's leg was a bit stirred up by the time the vet arrived (even tho he was later than planned due to attending a Clydesdale foaling).


He trimmed some of the proud flesh again, and wrapped it all back up.

Needless to say I eventually got the mud off her, along with half of her winter coat. But I figured she'd got the worst of the itchiness sorted for at least a few weeks. 

And another week on this is where we are (no trimming this week).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home