from the horse's mouth

general meanderings on horses, life (well thats the same as horses really), work (so I can afford to do the horses thing)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

spoke too soon....

The weather last weekend was pretty awful again. I managed to squeeze in lunging and long reining Fi, and lunging Rosie on Saturday. Then lunged again on Sunday and also "lunged" Dudley while mum worked Rosie from the ground. Dudley was a little bolshie - just bracing his neck and barging off. He did improve, but I think the weather is finally getting to him as well.

None of them have been shod yet - we have our fingers crossed for Saturday. Fi's (shod) front feet are very long now and she really needs sorting out or she is going to pull something or go lame from all the stresses and angles being wrong :(

There is more dressage planned for mid Feb. I am a bit concerned about madam's fitness, but they have made an effort to squeeze me in - so prelim 12, here we come !

I finally managed to order more Flexivite for Fi. We were getting down to the last dregs and I'd had a few goes at using the online shop but just got errors. In the end I picked up the phone - their site has had problems for a while. Ordered the 2.5 litres and prayed it would arrive in time. Mum was draining the last out of the existing lot today, and an enormous lorry turned up with the new lot :) That may be 'just in time' but a little tight for my liking. Still the bigger container will mean I have longer before needing to reorder..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home