from the horse's mouth

general meanderings on horses, life (well thats the same as horses really), work (so I can afford to do the horses thing)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom

Monday, April 06, 2015

Not nearly there...

Quiz question - if you have a bandage on a leg providing pressure, and then take that bandage off, what happens ?

This is Fi's leg yesterday when I took the bandage off


The Vet did warn me it would probably bleed a bit....it did :(
And the skin on the lower leg is fairly fragile.

It's not easy to see in this picture from today, but the unhealed area has bulged out.


The leg is also puffy. Again this is likely to be because it has been compressed for a long period of time,

Vet was out today and is going to review in 48 hours and see if we need to re-bandage the top part (where the wound is). In the meantime I have gel to put on that part,and cream for the lower part.

And here  was me hoping we were on last stretch - it seems we have a few more corners to negotiate yet :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home