from the horse's mouth

general meanderings on horses, life (well thats the same as horses really), work (so I can afford to do the horses thing)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom

Monday, April 27, 2015

Is it getting any better ?

We seem to be in a cycle where a scab forms, then lifts and flakes off. I think the wound is slightly smaller each time but it's hard to tell......


and not helped by a case of mild colic middle of last week :(

I had started trying to give them a few hours of turn out at the weekend so their systems would get used to grass. Fi was fairly stiff and tired from the extra activity,so then they had two days in the yard. But I had an offer to turn them out mid week - they went out about midday and came in when I got home about half six. 

When I went down later to do last stables, Fi wouldn't eat her carrots - which is unheard of ! It quickly became clear she had a touch of colic and I didn't fancy it turning into something worse. One vet visit and two injections later, and she was starting to feel a bit better.

They went out again for 4-5 hours each day at the weekend and were fine. Vet visit is the middle of this week. Fingers crossed !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home